Artillery vehicle

Ukraine destroys Russian self-propelled artillery and crew

An attack by Ukrainian troops in Kharkiv resulted in the destruction of a Russian self-propelled gun and its crew as Kyiv maintains its resistance against Putin.

The 2S3 Akatsiya self-propelled gun is shown in aerial video erupting into a massive fire after being hit by Ukrainian artillery.

In another drone video, the 93rd Brigade of the Ukrainian Ground Forces can be seen attacking a patrol squad of Russian troops in eastern Ukraine.

This occurs when Volodymyr Zelensky’s forces launch a coordinated counter-offensive to push back Russian soldiers in the seized region of southern Ukraine.

The Russian 2S3 Acacia self-propelled gun, along with its crew and ammunition, was destroyed in the Kharkiv region, according to a statement from the Ukrainian Armed Forces released along with images of the Akatsiya self-propelled gun burst yesterday.

In counter-battery operations, the National Guard used aerial reconnaissance to locate the target, modify the gunners’ fire, and report the result of their masterful work.

You may remember that the 2C3 Akatia self-propelled guns of 152 mm caliber had a crew of four. It has an effective firing range of 20 kilometers.

“Together we will succeed!”

In the early 1970s, the 2S3 Akatsiya, a light tank type weapon of the Soviet period, entered service.

Besides 48,350 men, 1,997 tanks, 4,345 armored fighting vehicles, 1,115 artillery units, 287 multiple rocket launchers, 153 air defense systems, 234 combat aircraft, 205 helicopters, 851 drones, 196 cruise missiles , 15 warships, 3,239 motor vehicles and fuel tankers and 104 special equipment units, according to the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Russia says their deaths are far fewer but rarely updates its figures.

Oleksiy Arestovych, adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, said the national counteroffensive to reclaim Kherson has neither failed nor halted.

The fact that we have not yet captured Kherson, according to Arestovitch, “does not mean that the operation in the south has stopped or failed.”

It is carried out in a planned manner, Arestovych said. We eliminate enemy fuel and ammunition depots, air defense systems and logistics. There will be no quick wins, he said, urging Ukrainians to be patient.

Arestovitch said the Ukrainian army had destroyed important bridges to cut off Russian soldiers on the right bank of the Dnieper.

According to Ukraine’s Defense Ministry, the Kakhovsky and Daryiv bridges, which Russia previously used to bring supplies and ammunition to the region, have now been “damaged”.

According to a US source who declined to be identified, the Russian military is apparently looking to hire soldiers from private security companies in Ukraine due to a severe labor shortage.

According to the unidentified US source, Russia is also recruiting prisoners to supplement the numbers in exchange for pardons and monetary rewards.

Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff said the country successfully resisted Russian advances today in the towns of Bakhmut and Avdiivka, located north of the Russian-occupied city of Donetsk.

The general staff noted on Wednesday that pro-Russian forces had focused on Bakhmut in their efforts to extend their grip on the Donbass region, which is the country’s industrial hub to the east.

In response to reports of the Ukrainian advance, Russia claimed that its soldiers had routed the Ukrainian forces.

Separatists said today that in the Russian-held part of the Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine, 13 emergency service workers were killed and nine were injured after coming under fire. artillery of the Ukrainian army.

According to representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), “on September 1, at around 4 a.m., a group of DPR emergency service workers performing their duties in the hamlet of Rubtsi… Ukrainian artillery fire. armed forces “.

The story could not be independently verified by Reuters.

As a team of UN inspectors were on their way to see Europe’s largest nuclear power plant despite fighting, Russia and Ukraine accused each other of launching assaults nearby today .

The International Atomic Energy Agency sent a team of inspectors to the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant despite the heavy bombardment that caused the shutdown of an emergency mechanism of one of its reactors .

The team was led by Rafael Grossi, director of the agency.

After being briefed by the Ukrainian military, Grossi said, he chose to continue despite the obvious dangers. “There was increased military activity, especially this morning until quite late.”

We don’t stop, even though we have weighed the pros and cons and come this far.

In the “so-called gray zone” between the Ukrainian and Russian lines, the dangers are “very, very high”, he said, but “we believe we have the minimum prerequisites to move”.

Since the beginning of the six-month-old conflict, Russian soldiers have occupied Zaporizhzhia, the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, yet managed by Ukrainian engineers.

Moscow accuses Ukraine of negligently firing on the region, increasing the risk of a nuclear accident that could affect the entire continent. Ukraine claims that Russia uses the facility as a shield, stores weapons there and launches strikes from its surroundings.

In early March, fighting caused a minor fire at its training center and in recent days damage has led to the temporary closure of the factory, raising fears of a radioactive leak or nuclear meltdown.

Residents of the area are now being given anti-radiation iodine pills by authorities.

According to Grossi, “we will immediately begin an assessment of the safety and security situation of the installation” because “we have a very important task to accomplish”.

“I will study the possibilities of keeping the IAEA in the installation,” he added. “We believe this is essential to stabilize the situation and to have frequent, reliable and impartial reports on the situation there.”

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, Ukrainian soldiers launched an artillery bombardment before sending up to 60 scouts to try to take control of the nuclear facility.

According to the report, Ukrainian soldiers attempted to take the facility after arriving on boats and landing three kilometers northeast of it on the left bank of the Dnieper.

According to the ministry, Russian soldiers “sought to annihilate the adversary” by shooting down jets.

The ministry released a statement saying, “The Kyiv government’s provocation is designed to disrupt the arrival of the IAEA crew at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.”

The Ukrainian shelling early Thursday morning left at least three people dead and one injured, according to the administration of Enerhodar, which was erected by Russia near the facility.

During a false flag strike intended to thwart the arrival of the IAEA team, Russian forces are suspected by the Ukrainian authorities of having bombarded Enerhodar and the area around the nuclear power plant.

Zaporizhzhia Governor Oleksandr Starukh said: “We call on Russia to end the provocations and grant the IAEA unrestricted access to the Ukrainian nuclear site.

Neither party’s account of what happened could be independently confirmed immediately.

Additionally, an emergency power supply line for internal use was destroyed by the bombardment, and a reactor inside the facility that was not in operation was transferred to run on diesel generators.

↯↯↯Read more on the subject on TDPel Media ↯↯↯